Argyle Design is a Cambridge-based, registered Architectural practice based just off the Histon Road, CB4.
Architectural design services
We deliver architectural services, that include:
- Measured architectural surveys;
- House plans;
- Extension plans;
- Loft conversions;
- Planning applications;
- Party wall surveyor services;
- Project management;
- Building regulations approvals.
Professional architectural design services
Our professional services support large and small projects across Cambridge, Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties. Currently, we have some exciting new build house projects on the board. Each new build project requires a planning application.
The relevant authority depends on your location. We know the people and understand the Planning Application and Building Regulations approval process in:
- Cambridge City Council;
- South Cambs District Council;
- Fenland Planning Applications;
- Plus Essex & Herts local authorities.
We also support local Cambridge and Hertfordshire architect practices.
Party wall services
Argyle Design are qualified Party Wall Surveyors. We negotiate, or define, party wall agreements in Cambridge and surrounding areas
3D Computer Aided Design Software
We create our plans using the latest 3 Dimensional Computer Aided Design software. This software brings your project to life. Our clients can:
- View the design on a laptop at home;
- "Walkthrough" the design;
- Discuss the proposed design,
- Propose changes, and often view the changes immediately.
- Make quick decisions;
- Get the design right first time.
For instance, we can show you a walk round a bungalow design. Such a walk round recently enabled us to obtain planning permission. We showed the planners that our larger loft conversion design minimally impacted surrounding properties.
Argyle Designs' origins
The first company was the Baker Ward Partnership, which Phillip Ward founded in 1991 with Paul Baker. Paul departed overseas in 2000. Since Phillip Ward lived in Argyle Street, the name changed to Argyle Design. Other local companies, e.g. Argyle Electrical, took their name from the street.
Argyle Design's early intenions were to design:
- Small Developments;
- New houses.
At that time, this was a difficult market. Hence Argyle Design developed an additional service delivering CAD drawings to multi-disciplined practices. Over the years, this has been a fruitful market.
Yet, the original ethos holds true today. We have a solid work-load, based on:
- An expanding portfolio of extensions and new houses for individuals;
- New houses and commercial developments for larger developers;
- Supporting larger established Architectural practices.
Argyle Design have actively offered party wall surveyor services since 2013.